Allentown Fair Queen Contest
Due to the Fair’s cancelation, there will not be a 2020 Fair Queen crowned.
Applications are being accepted NOW for the 2021 Allentown Fair contest.
See you in 2021!
The Great Allentown Fair is currently accepting entry forms for the Great Allentown Fair Queen contest. The Allentown Fair Queen contest is for females between the ages of 16 and 20 years who are residents of Lehigh, Northampton or Berks counties. Each year the Fair Queen winner serves as a community spokesperson for The Great Allentown Fair and agriculture for the coming year. A $1,500.00 Scholarship will be awarded to the winner. $200.00 for First Alternate
The phases of competition to be held on PREVIEW NIGHT, Tuesday, August 31, 2021 include:
Personal Interview - Each contestant will have a private 15-minute interview with the judging panel utilizing bio¬graphical information and other questions pertaining to the Fair and agricultural industry. Contestants will be judged on their conversational ability, answers to questions, appearance/poise, activities and knowledge of the fair industry..
Evening Gown/Introduction - This segment is conducted on stage, in front of an audience and the judging panel. Each contestant makes a personal introduction to the audience, similar to that which a Fair Queen would give when visiting a fair or other public event. The contestant has approximately 30 seconds to make this introduction. Judging criteria will include content, stage presence and appearance.
Speech Presentation - Each contestant will present an onstage speech on the topic “Why You Should Come to The Great Allentown Fair.” The speech must be 3-5 minutes in length and will be timed. This should be a persuasive speech suitable for an adult audience. Props that enhance this speech are permitted but not required. Contestants will be judged on the effectiveness of their public speaking skills, not on “entertainment.” Overhead projectors or Powerpoint presentations are not permitted. Contestants will be judged on their speech content (to include agriculture), speech format, ability to convey a message, public speaking ability and poise/presence.
Impromptu Question - Each contestant will be required to answer the same impromptu question in front of the judges and audience
Each Fair Queen contestant must:
- Be a female who is a U.S. citizen and a resident of Lehigh, Northampton or Berks counties in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Be at least age 16, but no older than 20 years of age as of June 1 of the year entering the local contest.
- Have not been a local Fair Queen winner, nor a former State Queen contestant.
- Not hold any other title for any other commodity, group or pageant.
- Have her parent(s) or guardian(s) consent to enter competition.
- Be single, have never been married, have not been pregnant nor given birth to a child.
- Act in accordance with the PA Fair Queen “Behavior Policy”
- Meet all time commitments, Queen obligations and “Dress Code” as set forth by the PA Fair Queen Program.
Fair Queen Obligations
- The winner will reign for one year.
- She must be available to attend various functions during the 2020 Great Allentown Fair deemed necessary by The Great Allentown Fair officials.
- She must attend and participate in other civic activities and functions throughout her reign as deemed necessary by The Great Allentown Fair officials.
- The Allentown Fair Queen must attend and participate in the PA State Fair Queen Contest to be held in Hershey, PA in January 2021, at the expense of the Allentown Fair Association. (The Fair Association will supply a chaperone if needed).
- She must attend the crowning of the 2021 Allentown Fair Queen.
Congratulations to the 2019 Great Allentown Fair Queen Ayla Blatt!
Questions and More Information:
Fair Queen Coordinator
Email Applications to:
Send Applications via mail to:
Allentown Fair Queen Contest,
302 N. 17th St., Allentown, PA 18104
610-433-7541 (Fair Office)